Description, comparison, advantages, disadvantages and recommendations from the teachers of LuckyKids for the best aids for children
The latest trends in language learning lead to the use of many electronic resources, which are constantly evolving and enriching, unlike those on paper.
In this regard, there is no way to define specific sources as “best”. Each resource achieves its own development and is in a continuous process of renewal.
It is important to know that in training, tradition is also very important. These are those constantly used methodologies and resources that never get old because they are classics.
Teachers at LuckyKids often use e-resources to provide the “best” learning in the form of accessible and effective tasks that bring satisfaction, engage children and young people, motivate them to learn. The professionals from LuckyKids try to cultivate that love for learning in children, which remains for the rest of their lives.
One of the most modern learning tools nowadays, are the training platforms, which provide complete packages for the implementation of the language process. They are tools and resources created and collected by language professionals.
One of the first platforms we recommend is OneStopEnglish – http://www.onestopenglish.com/ –
It contains a variety of materials and activities, arranged in the following categories:
- Business English
- English for specific purposes…
Through his work in one platform, the student follows a system for acquiring and consolidating knowledge, which is upgraded and the effect of success is very high.
The OnestopEnglish platform is well organized, filled with thematic resources, according to the time of the school year in which it is visited.
For example, at the time of writing, the platform has organized the following page “Webquest: Easter”, which contains activities and exercises related to the history of Easter, Easter symbols, its celebration around the world and facts about spring celebrations.
The lessons are developed in an interesting interactive way: for example, in connection with the upcoming Olympic Games and their postponement, due to the world-declared pandemic, the thematic lesson is:
News Lesson “The 2020 Olympic Games will not take place”.
Sample lesson plan:
- Warmer – these are a few questions that children can answer with “true” or “false”, according to their own knowledge.
- Key words, working with the key words used in the lesson.
- Find the information – here students need to make a short study on various issues. For example: what was the originally announced start date for the 2020 Olympics.
- Elementary – comprehension check – students read a text with comprehension, at an elementary level, and then answer comprehension questions.
- Grammar – work with prepositions
- Topics for discussion:
– Are you disappointed that the Olympic Games have been postponed? If yes – why, if not – why?
– Do you have a favorite sport that is presented at the Olympic Games?
Heading – Webquest
This part of the platform is made according to the calendar of holidays. It consists of a variety of activities.
Sample Webquest for Easter
Children share with a partner what they know about Easter and its history
Study the history of Easter
This activity requires research for which they are given a specific site. Questions such as: In the form of what festival did Easter start? When does the celebration of Easter take place and how is its exact date determined? Where does the name “Easter” come from?
What happens on Easter Sunday in different countries? Which animals are symbolically associated with the goddess Eostra? What were the first Easter bunnies made to be made of?
The Easter Bunny and other symbols
Children choose the right answer to questions such as whether the Easter Bunny has biblical origins or comes from an ancient Danish tradition.
Easter around the world
Students learn what are the traditions in different countries, see how people dress and how they celebrate the holiday, what dishes they cook.
It is dedicated to the facts we do not know about Easter.
Ideas on How to Organize Your Own Easter Party.
The platform and young children
For them, the organization is a little different, in order to cover their interests and conduct visual interactive training.
- The Magic Cat – a series of animated video songs and other resources for beginner kids
- M tunes song videos – 60 animated video songs with interactive games
- Stories and poems
- Games and topics
Special attention to teenagers
The good thing about this platform is that there is a well-designed section for teenagers that is written especially for them.
– Spot on News lessons for teens – lessons written especially for teenagers, which include worksheets and activities at three levels.
– Impressions – A series of lessons for teenagers that allow them to describe their opinions and improve their communication and writing skills.
– Skills – lessons with tips and ways to develop skills, with many games and ice-breakers.
– Topic-based materials – the section contains Webquests, projects, cultural news lessons.
– A time to travel – a historical audio time travel with the characters Luke and James Weiner.
– Grammar and Vocabulary.
Learning through an electronic platform is becoming sought after due to its comprehensiveness and the freedom provided for creativity, research and project-based learning, which modern children love very much.
What is unusual about this way of learning is that it covers all language categories and provides thematically linked materials and resources.
Top online resources for children who made a splash in 2020
- Reading Eggs
- Brain POP
- PBS kids
- Curious World
- Highlights Kids
- National Geographic Kids
Although some of these resources originate from the previous year, they are all an online organization that provides rich opportunities for digital learning. These resources are constantly evolving and updated with the latest information.
They are made with great care for the safety of the kids. No purchases can be made through them or unacceptable advertisements and others can appear.
Each application is tailored and focused on the development of reading skills, social skills, both in kindergarten and for older students. Applications create an individual program, tailored to the pace of learning of the individual student, teaching the child in several key areas.
Subscriptions provide unlimited access to hundreds of fun learning exercises, new activities are added each month to keep learning content fresh and keep the child engaged.
This is the big plus of this type of training.
Some of the platforms provide material that has a specific focus, such as National Geographic Kids – this is definitely a site for children with a strong interest in nature. While ABCmouse is an academically structured and literacy training platform.
It all depends on the choice of the teacher, the support of the parent and the motivation of the student.