LuckyKids International Camp welcomes an average of between 250 and 450 children a year. Each new season starts with new additions to the team so as to cover the growing number of visitors.
We strictly follow the requirement set in the rules for the internal order of the camp – every 5 children to have 1 adult (for one group of 10 children, take care of 1 teacher and 1 animator). In this way we guarantee the same quality for both 10 and 60 children per shift.
A colorful and colorful palette of campers visits us every year:
- by age
- place of residence
- nationalities and many other criteria and characteristics.
The camp is open and hospitable to all children without exception. We try to respond to the specifics in educational, emotional, social, facilitation of each of the children. Part of the logo of the camp is our individual approach to the needs of each young guest.
The diversity, in every respect, of the campers only supports the process of creating a multicultural environment, as well as a tolerant and empathetic community. Children more easily understand the basic virtues, when they can apply in real life.
Last season we had visitors from 48 cities in Bulgaria, as well as from a total of 12 countries. Among the most remote corners of the world from which children visit us are China, Russia, Israel.
Each of the children attending the camp can choose the form of transport to and from the hotel.
- Use of transfer from and to Sofia – the transfer has a fixed collection point (parking lot at Vasil Levski Stadium) for picking up and returning children and is not paid extra.
It is suitable for all children. Often parents who do not live in Sofia choose this option and combine it with personal or business trips to the capital.
- Use of individual transfer – “from” and “to” a specific point in Sofia and the country – the transfer is against additional payment and is made upon prior request (filling in the transfer section in the questionnaire with indication of place and time for pick-up and return of the child / children).
- Traveling with your own transport – sometimes parents choose this option as more appropriate.
The first option is suitable for children who:
- come to the camp once again
- travel with brother, sister friend (s)
- already adapted camps (children who have visited a camp before)
- confident and extroverted children
- accompanied children – adult relative
The second option is suitable for children who:
- arrive from other countries (with and without an adult companion, with and without friends). In this case, a transfer is made from the airport to the hotel and back.
- have specific educational needs – for example, children who have difficulty moving.
- groups of children traveling from the same city -in this case an inquiry is made and a special transfer is organized for them.
The camp team recommends the third option for children visiting the camp for the first time. In this way we can make a direct connection with the parents, and the parents can get acquainted with the situation on the spot.
When transferring children arriving from abroad, it is important to be informed of any changes in flights in a timely manner and the parent takes care of this.
All transfers must include a representative of the camp, who is informed about the names, number, place, time of collection and return of the child / children. The representative of the camp is a teacher or animator from the current shift.
The goal is for children to always be cared for and in safe hands. Our staff take care to receive timely information about the status of the child / children using transfer from both the camp management and the child’s parents.
If your child gets sick on the road, it is important that the accompanying teachers and animators are informed in time. In this way we can provide a place for the specific child in front positions in the minibus / bus.
It is absolutely forbidden for children to ride in the front seats in minibuses and buses (driver’s seats), even if they have reached the required age.
Camp transfers are made by official minibuses or cars of the hotel. When transporting larger groups, large buses are rented from professional, licensed carriers.
We inform all parents in advance with which vehicle the children will travel. For transfers from the airport, we also provide information about the name of the driver and the accompanying person.
For the transfer Sofia – Bansko, we must make a 15 minute break in the middle of the trip. Holidays are needed for children traveling from more remote areas to join the transfer from Sofia. In the opposite direction, such a break is not necessary, but the van can make a stop if any of the children feel sick or need to use the toilet.
During the transfers the children follow the rules, which apply to all other transfers for the period of the camp:
- Children must wear seat belts all the way
- Food and beverages, sweets and chewing gum are not consumed during the trip
- pleasant conversations, listening to music and singing are completely allowed and even recommended – the animators take care to provide them
- communication is in English
- Water bottles are provided for all children in the van
- for younger children, we provide boosters in vans. If the children are accompanied, he can be accommodated next to him, and seat belts are mandatory even for them.
Minibus drivers must follow the traffic rules on the roads, as well as the safety rules required by the camp.
When traveling with two or more vans, the group stays together during the entire transfer, except in emergencies (child who is sick, damage to the van). At such moments, the camp manager decides how to move the group, the goal being maximum comfort for the children, even in such a situation. When the children are divided into several minibuses, a member of the camp team must travel with them.
In addition to the type of transfer, it is necessary to indicate in the main questionnaire who will bring and take the child “to” and “from” the collection point. In case of change of the specified person, the management of the camp needs to be notified.
Parents can choose a different form of round-trip transfer This can be mentioned in the additional comments to the “Transfers” section of the questionnaire.
It is also possible to change the transfer if there is a change in the family organization. If you change the type of transfer, which is requested in advance, it is necessary for parents to notify the camp management in a timely manner. Last minute changes (24 hours before departure) are extremely undesirable, but still possible in family emergencies.
The overall organization of the transfers is made only in order to transport all children as safely and comfortably as possible.