How do I enroll my child in LuckyKids International Children’s Language Camp?
- By filling in the online registration form (also called the Questionnaire-Declaration or the Questionnaire for Parents)
- With an inquiry by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you call +359 879 111 222.
How to reserve the child’s place in a specific camp change?
- Provide us with a completed Parent Questionnaire – online (preferably!) Or on paper (by courier, email or on site at our office in Sofia);
- Prepay 50% of the amount due within 3 days after receiving confirmation of the reservation from us;
- Pay the remaining 50% of the amount due up to 7 days before the start of the shift, which we will remind you 14 days in advance.
How do you get to the camp?
- With organized transport of the camp – by minibus (s) of the hotel or bus (s) of a licensed company depending on the size of the group;
- With own transport.
When and how can I express a wish for my child to travel by organized transport?
- By email to email@example.com
- By phone: +359 879 111 222.
The notification is considered valid if it is made no later than 2 days before the departure date for the camp.
Can I cancel an application for the use of organized transport?
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone +359 879 111 222.
What is the schedule of the minibuses / buses of the camp?
- Place of departure and arrival: Sofia, the parking lot in front of “Vasil Levski” National Stadium
- Day and time of departure for Bansko: every Sunday at 9:30.
- Day and time of arrival in Sofia: every Saturday at 17:00 – 17:30.
We will transport the child to the camp ourselves – at what time and where should we arrive?
What period is the list of items from section ‘’What do the children need to have with them’’ for?
Please note that during your stay at the camp Lucky Bansko Hotel provides towels (small and large), bathrobe and slippers.
In addition, the children receive as a gift from the camp:
- 1 bottle of water
- 3 T-shirts and 2 hats with the LuckyKids logo.
How do you distribute children in English levels?
- The initial formation of the groups is made on the basis of the information submitted by the parents in the Questionnaire -declaration.
- In the afternoon of day 1 of the camp, the children take a test to determine the entry level.
- After analyzing the results of the entrance test at the discretion of the English coordinator, the child can be moved to a higher or lower level than originally determined.
- Sometimes, although rarely, such a shift may be necessary during the camp itself – it depends on how the child handles the material, whether he feels good in the group, etc.
IMPORTANT! Children who cannot read and write must be assigned to the group of beginners, regardless of their level of proficiency in the spoken language.
My child can’t swim. Will he/she be able to join the Swimming activity?
While in the water, all the children – whether they can swim or not – are under the watchful eye of a professional lifeguard and two other members of the camp team.
The pool is 1.40 meters deep in its shallowest part and 1.60 meters deep in its deepest part, and along its entire length there is a seat that allows even the youngest to feel comfortable in the water.
IMPORTANT! If you have a good reason to ask your child not to enter the water or not to participate in certain games, share it with the manager or another representative of the camp management so that we can take the necessary measures.
My child is vegan / vegetarian, do you have a special menu?
As this is an extremely important issue, we have included it in the Declaration Questionnaire, which parents / guardians fill out in advance.
Whether it is an allergy, lactose intolerance, or a certain type of preferences / restrictions – your child’s jute will be properly adapted after receiving the necessary information from you.
Who takes care of children in the evening after bedtime?
They periodically check the children’s rooms until they are sure that the last child is asleep.
All campers are informed of the whereabouts of the teachers on the floor and can search for them at any time.
In case of emergency, they can also contact the hotel reception.
We take special care of children who have trouble falling asleep.
Do you offer laundry for children?
If necessary, we can provide laundry outside the specified days.
We forgot to put something important in the luggage, what to do?
- To send the forgotten item by courier to the hotel at the following address: Bansko, 2770, 4-6 ‘’Kir Blago Todev’’ str.;
- Give us explicit permission to purchase the missing accessories on the spot.
For consultations and questions you can contact the camp management by phone +359 879 111 222.
My child does not speak English, can he/she join the camp?
Our practice shows that children who do not speak English overcome the language barrier in about 2-3 days.
In this case, it is especially important for parents / guardians to be our helpers, supporting and encouraging the child in his first steps with the language, especially the first days, which are extremely important for his overall adaptation in the camp.
What are the companion’s commitments during the camp?
In order to be as useful as possible, upon arrival at the hotel he / she receives the camp program and undergoes special instruction.
Companions are especially useful when the child has to switch to an individual form of care or a shortened schedule (for children from 5 to 6.99 years the workload is too high).
IMPORTANT! Companions do not travel with children during extracurricular activities. Exceptions are allowed, but only in emergencies and after prior discussion with the camp management.
My child is afraid of the dark and I worry about how he/she will sleep at night. What do you do in such cases?
My child is registered for 7 days, but he/she wants to stay for the second week as well – is it possible?
You must confirm in writing no later than Wednesday of the current week that you wish to extend your stay.
Once we receive the confirmation, we will send you an invoice for the unpaid days, which will be calculated based on the price for a 14-day shift (i.e with a discount compared to the 7-day shift).
My child has to take medication every day. How can I control the process?
In these cases, it is necessary for the parents to prepare the medicines and hand them over to the camp staff together with the intake perscription.
While your child is with us, we take care to take the prescribed medication at the right time and in the right dosage.
IMPORTANT! All medicines are stored in a medical cupboard in the camp office – children are not allowed to keep medicines in themselves or in their rooms.
What if my child does not adapt to the camp?
There are two options:
- Interruption of the stay and taking the child home (with own or organized by the hotel transport);
- An escort comes to help the child adapt to the camp conditions.
IMPORTANT! In case of early termination of the stay due to unsuccessful adaptation, the unused part of the prepaid amount is refunded of parents.
Can I call my child on the phone at any time?
During the day, the children’s phones are kept in a safe place by the camp team and the children do not have access to them.
My child wants to take their tablet to camp, is it allowed?
During this time interval, the camp team is not responsible for protecting the equipment from breakage, damage or loss.
Children have at all times (and use at their own risk) cameras and devices for listening to music.